Thursday, June 7, 2012

Graduation Day

What a day it has been! Today is my sixty-first birthday. It is also my "Graduation Day".After 55 years of going to school either as a student or a teacher, I have finally stopped going to school. Today I retired from teaching. I am happy, excited, scared, and grateful all at the same time. I have been blessed to be able to do what I love to do for so many years.  I decided to be a teacher when I was seven years old. I never once changed my mind. One thing I promised myself was that if I ever felt that I could not do the job to meet my standards that I have set for myself that I would leave. My students deserve the best each and every day. Over the last week or so it has become obvious that that time has come. I will always love teaching and in a few months will sub now and then, but for now I am excited to start a new chapter in my life. I feel that God has opened this door for me . I can't wait to see the blessings that are awaiting.

1 comment:

  1. I AM soooo proud of you! I can't wait to see what the Lord brings into your life! YAYAYAYAY! (and Happy Birthday again!)

    ReplyDelete