Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Friends

As a person goes through the years that make up one's life, you constantly modifly your circle of friends by adding and sometimes subtracting a few . But there are always those that remain cemented firmly in your heart as "forever " friends. I lost one of those precious people today. My very first real BFF (as they are called today) was Reva Gail Jones Owens. If we weren't at one another's houses, we were on the phone. We played together, laughed together, cried together, and dreamed together. We even planned to go to college together but life happened as it sometimes does and we ended up going in two different directions. We kept in contact off and on, more at first, less in the middle and started back up ln the last few years. Alot has passed during these years but she remained as dear to me as she was in my youth. She used to dream of traveling to far away places when we were young. Today she left on her final journey . She rests tonight peacefully in the arms of her God. There is a song that says"Save a place for me, Save some grace for me...". Reva, save a place for me for I will see you again one day. I love you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment