Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hats

As a cancer survivor and former baldy, I have quite a collection of hats. I have them in a large variety of shapes and colors. While doing some spring cleaning this week, I came across them with a mass of memories and feelings swamping me as I looked at them. Many of these memories are not pleasant but went along with some very necessary events that resulted in my still being here.I swore to never wear a hat again. But as I was deciding what to do with these hats, I began to think about the "hats" that I have worn throughout my life time. I have been a daughter, a sister, a student, a grandchild, a cousin, a student driver, a friend, a wife, a divorcee, a farmer, a choir member, a mother, a child of God,a teacher, a grandmother, a cancer patient, a cancer survivor, and many other  things. Of these hats, the ones I am most thankful for being given the opportunity to wear are a child of God,a mother, a grandmother, and a teacher. Every hat (real or representational) has helped me express who I am and how I feel about life.  I have decided to throw or give away (depending on condition)all of my hats but one. That one hat I will keep as a reminder of my struggle with and victory over cancer and as a tributle to all the "hats" I have had the priviledge to wear throughout my life.My prayer is that for every "hat" that I wore or am wearing, was and is worn to the glory of my God.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It made me reminice about the many hats I've worn and a wearing today!
    Love you sweety!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete